Friday, January 02, 2015

Ladies of last year

Okay so I'm kind of meant to be doing some college work right now but I can't help but want to post about some iconic ladies of 2014. Ones that I think have had a successful year. 




Ella Henderson





I think this girl has had an absolutely amazing year with 'Ghost' and her first Album 'Chapter one'. She has definitely became a favourite of mine when I realised she wrote all of her own music. She's made it to America already so she must be doing something right, right? Ella has developed so much since seen her on The X factor, with her style and her music. I think she is absolutely gorgeous and I'm so jealous I'm not going to see Take That to see her support set. I cant wait to see what she brings in 2015...listening to her album as we speak.

Jessie J

I have always liked Jessie J since she started out but this year her music has just been totally on point for me. I love all kinds of music and having two of Jessie J's album's (first and recent) you can see the change in her style. Her album 'Sweet Talker' portrays her as a powerful woman. The photography for the Album... Jessie looks AMAZINGG!!! And for me probably the best and most memorable song of 2014 has to be 'Bang Bang'. Nothing else more shouts powerful women than Jessie, Nicki and Ariana strutting and shaking their bootys. I loved it. I also have a lot more resprect for Jessie J from watching her show on MTV. It told her life, how she had a heart condition as a child, she was dropped from her label and made the big musical world through YouTube. She got herself to where she is today by herself and not many singers have done that.

Paloma Faith  

This lady is actually my style guru/icon whatever you want to call it I adore her. I'm a massive fan of her music also, from her first single 'stone, cold, sober' to her newest album 'A perfect contradiction'. My Mam and Dad actually met her at her concert in York, so jealous. When I've seen her on chat shows etc, she always comes across as such a down to earth, normal person you'd pass in the streets, the fames not to her head like most celebrities these days. The fact she's also completely bonkers makes me love her even more. I already know she will continue to have some of the most amazing outfits in 2015!


So.... there it is the 3 women I have loved every minute of but most certainly haven't left behind in 2014, I'm excited to see what they all bring to 2015 x




SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Roll Necks & Runways | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig