Tuesday, May 19, 2015

Fashion Futures work experience, Newcastle Fashion Week

Last Thursday I had the absolute pleasure to be apart of Newcastle Fashion Week with Ne1 Fashion Futures. I previously had an interview the week before and successfully made the evening team. To start the day I visited Newcastle with my Grandparents for some lunch at The Slug and Lettuce, it was divine and this was the lovely view of the Quayside.

I then headed over towards the Baltic where the events of the day were taking place and just as I was walking over the Millennium bridge I happened to see this fabulous illumines jacket which happened to be Mr Henry Holland. Unfortunately, I didn't get a photograph as he was busy getting some done from the official team. I got a Hi though, that'll do me. Here's a picture of the bridge instead, not as good no but a lovely view from the Baltic's viewing terrace.
The day started off with Talks from some of the best in the industry form the North East form Michelle Taylor creative director of Tallulah Love Lingerie, Darren Spurling MD of Terry De Havilland, Kate Ablett SD of Berhaus and Charis Younger and finally menswear designer from Allsaints. I am so sad to say that I couldn't get a seat to this talk and the Henry Holland/ Laura Weir's but I did however get to sit in on Alexandra Shulamn's talk and it was absolutely lovely. I found out so much about her life and how she actually never wanted to be a journalist when she was young. It really is strange how life can just take you somewhere you never expected. The main thing I learned from the talk is to always work hard because it certainly pays off. I am so determined to succeed in the future and I can't wait to start University in September where I will be studying Fashion Journalism.
After the talks my work experience started. First I got to meet the other dressers and the core team and then we were each given a model so we could check that all of the outfits fit. 

I was given the lovely Sophie Laggan (insta: s_laggan), it was an absolute pleasure helping and working with her and I really look forward to seeing more of her work. The outfits that Sophie was given were Seadrift Design, which are bespoke handbags made from recycled or pre-used materials and also Tallulah Love lingerie with accessories from Melanie Kyle and Dimesso Designs. The other North East designers that were involved were brm, The Libertarian, Kathryn Russell, AP ApparelPolo, Love Niche, Christopher Niari, Emma Bell, Scott Henshall and Dayne Henderson.

I really am so thankful for the experience and would love to do it again next year. It really is a fast paced environment but thats what made it exciting for me and of course the lovely dressers and models made the experience even better. I am so eager to be involved with the fashion industry I hope I find more opportunities like this. The team at Fashion Futures were absolutely lovely and couldn't have been anymore helpful, if your wanting to be involved with fashion in anyway, I urge you to apply with me next year. I am so looking forward to what the future holds and some good news has came my way, maybe another blog post will tell you the news soon... 
This was my #motd and #ootd.
Here are some of my own images that I took backstage, some of them are really blurry as they were quick snaps. Please take a look at all of the above designers through the clickable links.












It was definitely a day to remember!
My lil face is in there at the back somewhere


Lucie x












SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Roll Necks & Runways | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig