Tuesday, June 23, 2015

Q&A with model EllenJane Robley

My first ever collaboration with model EllenJane Robley. Ellen is based in the County Durham area. We had such a lovely chat last night and found out so much about each others ambitions and hobbies. Any photographers or mua's would be mad to miss out on this lovely lady. If anybody would like to get in touch with Ellen, the link below will take you straight to her page. 


Q. How did you get into modelling in the first place ?

A. I'm quite old now, 31! I wanted to be a model from 16 but didn't have the confidence I am now a nurse! Sexual health! I love my job but love modelling too! A friend asked me to model her clothes, glamour bunny http://www.glamourbunny.co.uk, She gave me my frost taste of modelling and for that I am thankful. Then I forgot about It really, my boyfriend kept telling me to do it but he's biased isn't he?! Then coincidentally, a girl on a night out mistook me for a model and said I was stupid for not doing it so I set up a page and dug out the old photos.


Q. How do you find being apart of a large industry ?

A. It is a difficult industry to break into. I've had my share of being ignored from 
photographers, snubbed etc but I've made some fantastic friends. I've done really well, I'm dyslexic and have a masters degree. Now my goal is to get published in a magazine, that's my ambition.


Q. How do you balance your everyday job with your modelling, can you only do specific styles ?
A. It's hard with work I can't do lingerie or anything to naughty with my job. But I don't mind sexy, it's not all about getting it all out.




Q. Do you have any other hobbies and interests besides modelling ?
A. I'm also a tarot card reader, and have predicted many pregnancies etc. I love scouring vintage shops and fairs for bargains that no one else will have, it's good to be different



Q. What advice would you give to someone who would like to be part of the industry and is just starting out, do they need to be a specific height, weight?
A. Modelling to me is about a particular look if you look like everyone then it's hard, you need to stand out. Start of with some TFP shoots and see how you feel. That's what I did I was so nervous but my photographer was so patient and nice. He made me feel at ease. I love seeing the images how different hair and make up can make you look it's amazing.




Q. Have you ever had a bad TFP experience, any time wasters ?
A. I haven't had a bad TFP experience, I've been lucky. But, I have messaged photographers about casting they have seen the messages and just blatantly ignored me I mean it takes nothing to be nice or have manners it does knock your confidence.

Q. How did you get into your card reading ? Just another hobby along with modelling?
A. I started tarots at 16, In my 20s I did a Psycic development course and I read angel cards. I love crystals and can see auras! I have a good sixth sense and have had dreams that come true. Makes me sound a bit fruit loopy but I have good intuition. I'm good at giving advice and can be quite honest but I'm an even better listener.




Q. I've always thought that you need to have lost a special someone to get good information from a reading, is that the case? or am I completely wrong? Maybe I need a reading to find out?

A.  I can't do spirit stuff I don't have the development to hear spirit, I would definitely do your cards if you wanted then done. Just for the experience.


Q. Back to your modelling, what has been your favourite photoshoot and why ?

A. I would say my favourite photoshoot would probably be my most recent shoot with a guy called mark jolly, at the beach, with a red dress on. He was lovely and friendly and we chatted and laughed all the way through. He made me feel a million dollars telling me I was great. We then did a swimsuit shoot, I'm just waiting for the images from that one.







More from Chris Hughes








Thanks Ellen, your work is amazing and thank you for being my first collaboration x






SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Roll Necks & Runways | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig