Wednesday, June 17, 2015

Summer Lovin'

Hi everyone, sorry I haven't blogged recently but I've just been having some me time whilst finishing college off and also looking after my lil pup, he's back to his daft self.
Anyway, for those who know me know I'm not a summer person at all, I have thee worst hay fever and it normally just ruins summer because I'm constantly sneezing and my eyes are pouring and its just not fun. However, this year I feel like it's not bothering me as much, although the pollen count is meant to rise drastically in the next couple of days, uh oh! Also this summer I actually have plans and lots of them. 

I've recently just finished college and tonight is the Private View night for family to come and see our exhibition, basically just all of our FMP work that we have created over the past couple of months. The show is also on for the next week if any friends or followers or art/fashion/textile/graphic/illustration lovers want to have a nosey. 
I'll be on rota duty Friday morning and all day Monday, my course which is the Foundation Diploma is on the very top floor. There is also items for sale that each student has designed and created themselves. I have tote bags on sale for £1.50-£3.50. I am also looking to possible put my designs on phone cases, makeup bags, scarves in the future. I officially finish college next Wednesday and its going to be soooo sad, I've made the bestest of friends.

Next on my Summer plans is Tom Odell and Paloma Faith at Dalby forest. It's next Thursday and Friday and its just me and my dad Thursday and my mam is coming along the Friday. I can't wait, I've seen Tom Odell before and to be honest I really wasn't a fan before but I love him now and Paloma is an all time favourite of mine anyway, especially her fashion sense. The only downfall is it's in a forest so i'm literally going to have to fill myself up on hay fever tablets and everything. I also have to camp so if anyone's got any glamping tips for me, please leave them in the comments below. I also need some grooving wellies so hit me up.
Okay so I'll have the weekend to recover but then on the Monday I will be living in Sunderland for 5 days as I will be participating in Uni Summer School. I'm not usually one for signing up for things but I'm already so excited to start uni I thought why not get a heads up. I will be staying in halls for the week but when I start in September I will be living at home. I seriously couldn't deal with the lack of wardrobe space and having to cook and clean, no thank you. On the Summer School I will be attending Lectures and just getting to know the place really but I'm looking forward to meeting future friends and attending the night activities. 
On the 10th July I will be going to see my twinnie Jess Glynne with my pal Jess in Middlesborough. I'm actually obsessed with this lady right now, she's unbelievable and also poorly at the moment. GWS Jess G, ginger vibes and everything. I'm not kidding I went out the other week and some drunk guy actually asked if I was her, laughing...
 Nest step, Wembley! Yes, I will in fact be going to London to see my all time favourite Ed Sheeran. I'm so so sooooo excited. I'm amazed to see how his intimate music is going to fill such a huge space. More ginger vibes. The week after I will be returning to London with my mam and grandparents to visit the Alexander McQueen Savage Beauty exhibition at the Victoria and Albert Museum. I'm hopefully also going to see YSL at the Bowes Museum in Bishop Auckland, if they're any tickets left and I have a spare day.

My next...celebration really is my two year anniversary with my absolute best friend. We drive each other insane, wind each other up but always laugh it off. I'm not too sure what plans we actually have yet but whatever they are it'll be the best day just spending it together.
AND FINALLLLYYY, well I think its final for now, something else may pop up but for two weeks I will be in Manchester doing an internship with AX Paris. It'll probably be the longest I've actually been away from home on my own but I need to get use to it if I want to travel. It is a PR based internship which is also part of my course when I start University. I'm really looking forward to being apart of a team where everyone loves fashion. Fashion will just be coming out of my ears. I have to work 9-5 everyday so hopefully I will be learning a lot of useful things. I'm so not looking forward to packing though, I will totally stress out.

So, thats it, thats my major summer plans. 
I really could do with a holiday but do you know, I just don't think I could fit one in anyway, hopefully next year.

I hope everyone has an amazing summer 15!







SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Roll Necks & Runways | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig