Wednesday, July 29, 2015

London Travels

So I haven't really blogged for the past two weeks because I literally haven't stopped working or going on train journeys, which I quite like doing now, I use to be terrified of trains. All of my train journeys have consisted of getting on the Grand Central to Kings Cross, London. I haven't been to London in over a year I think and I've literally been twice within a week. 
I get a starbucks in Kings Cross every time. 


Firstly, me and my dad went to London to go and see Ed Sheeran at Wembley Arena. We Stayed at my Uncles in Kensington and managed not to argue when we had to decide what Tube we needed. It seems so long ago now but we watched the Wimbledon final before heading to the Stadium. I've never seen a place so huge in my life. There were teeny tiny people so high up they must have been sat in the sky. We missed Passenger but I've seen the guy before. We arrived half way through One Republic's set and I must admit they're probably the best support act I've seen. Slightly gutted we didn't get Rudimental and Example but never mind. 

I've seen Ed Sheeran every time he has toured and I've never once been disappointed. It's been so nice to see his career excel from the 02 Academy in Newcastle where he first supported Example to Newcastle City Hall, Newcastle Metro Radio Arena and now Wembley Arena. He really is my favourite artist and I will probably always back his music and himself, he genuinely comes across as the most down to earth person. His Lu Pedal or however your meant to say it broke towards the end of the concert and he seemed pretty upset but it didn't stop him, he continued with another song acoustically until his instrument was fixed. The concert was amazing and I'm so happy I got to be apart of his Wembley experience. Here's a couple of photo's.











The following week, I visited London again with my mam and grandparents. We had tickets for the Alexander McQueen, Savage Beauty exhibition. The tickets were around £16 and boy it was so worth more than that. There are 5 rooms with endless amounts of garments made by the man himself. You aren't aloud to take photographs but I did get a few sneaky one's so I do apologise if some of them are blurry. However, I won't post them all as I don't want to spoil the exhibition if you are thinking of visiting. The exhibition was in collaboration with Swarovski Crystals, I felt like I was in glitter heaven. Every single piece was absolutely breathe taking, I just wanted to touch it, so bad. 



Before the exhibition we actually headed to Camden as its probably my most favourite part of London. My individuality just fits in perfectly there and I really would love to live close by some day.  I bought a cute little, handmade crop top for £15 and some little red earrings.

After the exhibition we just had a gander about really. We headed into Leicester square and for all you Harry Potter fans, we actually sat right next to Professor Lupin himself. Its quite funny really, when we were in Camden my grandma bought a necklace because she liked the design and it was that triangle, circle thing off Harry Potter. I'm not a fan as you can tell from my knowledge.

Here's a couple more photo's from the day.








OOTD- 
Racer Back black tasseled top- River Island sale £10
Suede look mini skirt- River Islnd sale £12
Denim Jacket- Charity Shop £5
Chunky buckled sandals- Primark £14
Fedora hat- Ebay (gift)
Bag- River Island £45

Thanks for reading,
 Lou x


SHARE:

2 comments

  1. So goooood!! Let's go to London together in September, blogger buddies!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely!! Cant wait, hope winter wonderland happens

      Delete

© Roll Necks & Runways | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig