Tuesday, June 14, 2016

A Year In The Making

Where has this year gone? Around this time last year I was finishing my Btec Diploma in Art and Design at CCAD with the craziest bunch of girls.

And now, I've finished my first year of University at Sunderland.


via GIPHY

I'm off for four and a half months this Summer and I've been loving it so far.

I'm hoping to spend a lot more time upping my blogging game, relaxing and getting into shape. Hopefully a holiday is on the cards.

So, I thought I'd take this time to reflect on the last year. 

So at the beginning everything was very strange, I knew some people, I didn't know others. This one girl was actually really cray-cray and wouldn't speak to anyone, she was very rude, left uni to go to another and completely shaded us on the course and the University itself. It was mad.

Fashion Journalism is definitely the right course for me, I've loved most of the modules that we've been given over the past year and also my chosen module of Photography. Phil, the course leader is the most chilled person you could ever meet and I'm really contemplating on changing my optional module this year from Fashion Styling back to Photography. But I'll see how that goes.

One unfortunate thing in first year is that we haven't really went on any trips, we went to the YSL exhibition in freshers week but that was it. Our second trip was suppose to be The Clothes Show but that didn't go ahead. Come to think of it though I don't even know where we'd have time to fit them in as the work is that demanding.

Yes really, just beause it isn't the most academic course, like learning to give someone heart surgery or how to solve a murder, all the work can still get on top of you. I mean it's journalism, news travels fast.


via GIPHY

I've met some amazing people along the way and some not so amazing. I couldn't have done it with out them all because the good people help you, give you advice, their shoulder to cry on and the bad people well they give me drive. Drive to succeed more, I'm there to learn and have a future, not to waste my time and my money.


via GIPHY

I couldn't have done it without my sidekick Alysha. We've done it girrlll!!!

I'm not a typical student, I rarely go out. Even though I'm only a year older then most of these people, I feel a lot more mature than some. I don't like headaches and I drive pretty much all the time. I'd rather work and save my money for more important things.

That's where me and Alysha are very similar. We're old before our time.


via GIPHY

The only downside I've had to this year was the last day when we had our NCTJ exam in Video Journalism. My software broke and the invigilator just decided to stand there and go 'Ah yes i see the problem, wait till the end.' Which my lecturer then said to me, why did you wait till the end?, why didn't you do this? or that? HELLOOO wasn't that the invigilators fault. I knew what I had to do to pass, not what to do if the software broke. I don't study IT.

Anyway, I get my results on June 27, so I'll see what comes from that exam.

The rest of my results I'm hoping I've got at least a 2:1.

I know I've already got a first in my Video Journalism, which I'm over the moon with and you'll be seeing a related post to this subject very soon.


via GIPHY

My biggest piece of advice to anyone starting University this year, would be to stay at home if you're not planning on moving far, you'll save so much money.

And can then spend it on clothes...shoes...Kylie Lip Kits.

I mean serious things, like a new passport, a gym membership and car essentials. woooo!

If you would like any advice on your first year of Uni or if your thinking of studying Fashion Journalism and coming to Sunderland. Hit me up on any of my social media sites and I'd be happy to talk.

Now it's time for Summer and time to relax. I hope everyone has a fabulous time off.


via GIPHY
X X X


SHARE:

2 comments

  1. Well done on completing your first year! I did English Lit and always got told that because it was a humanities subject we basically dossed around with no work too - SO not true! I found that the people who cam to uni a year later were a lot more mature and prepared as well

    Steph - www.nourishmeblog.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Steph! Every degree is so demanding just in their own way.X

    ReplyDelete

© Roll Necks & Runways | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig