Monday, June 20, 2016

Am I a bad beauty blogger?

Okay so I love my makeup, I love my brands and I definitely love my brushes.



However, there is one slight thing that could class me as a bad beauty blogger...

I washed my brushes for the first time this week and I've had some since Christmas.

Uh Oh!

The only reason I've never got round to doing it is because I've heard how long it's meant to take. 

It's not like I use one brush for numerous things, I have tuns of brushes so I can use them for individual purposes. So they're never contaminated by one another.

I know it's kind of lazy of me, especially having the Real Techniques Deep Cleansing Gel as well. RRP £7.50 in Boots.



It just hasn't been an important thing to do until now. 

I've finished University so I literally have all the time in the world, apart from when I'm working, to do anything.

So I thought, I'd up my beauty game, buy a cleansing tool and get on with it. 

I went to Superdrug to buy my Makeup Revolution Pro Fix spray as I'm running out and came across the Pro Cleanse Tool. 


Source: makeuprevolutionstore.com

It's £4.99 and basically tells you to add some cleansing gel, rub your brushes on the ridges and they should be as good as new. Simple right?

So that's exactly what I went and done. I had my cleansing gel, my brushes and tool and I was good to go. 

I found that I had to apply a lot more than a blob of gel to my larger brushes such as the Real Techniques multi-task brush and powder brush but my smaller No.7 brushes and Fearne Cotton one's I could get away with a really small amount. 


 Source: lookfantastic.com

Source: boots.com

The tool wasn't as successful again for the larger brushes as it was the smaller, such as eyeshadow and concealer brushes but it still did a good enough job. 

The tool is slightly uncomfortable after a while, if you have to many make-up brushes like myself. You basically place it onto your index and middle finger and it just aches after a while. But for the price you can't complain.

Cleaning my beauty blender was slightly different as I couldn't use the Pro Cleanse Tool. I just rubbed a lot of the gel into it and it didn't come out brand spanking new but took some of the foundation out of it.


So there you have it, my first experience of cleaning makeup brushes and you know what, with the tool and the gel it only took me half an hour.

I can now guarantee I will be washing my brushes more regular, thanks to Real Techniques and Makeup Revolution.

But before I sign off I have a couple of questions that I need answering.

  1. How much gel do you usually use in one go? I've used roughly to where the RT's start on the bottle, is that about right?
  2. Should I be using a cleansing shampoo or other different cleansing gels? Which do you find more successful?
  3. The question I ask myself all the time... How long are you really suppose to keep a beauty blender for before buying a new one? 
Please leave your comments below or contact me on twitter @L00SE_C
I really need these questions answering.

Am I a better beauty blogger now?











SHARE:

2 comments

  1. I'm awful at cleaning my brushes too! I've never bought a proper brush cleanser either, and just use antibacterial liquid hand soap (whoops). In the future I am DETERMINED to get better at this!

    Steph - www.nourishmeblog.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's such a chore, the only one that ever gets real clumpy is my concealer brush all the others are fine.

      I definitely reccomend using a tool, the time goes past so much quicker. X

      Delete

© Roll Necks & Runways | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig