Friday, July 01, 2016

Do I see vlogging in my future?

If you are friends, family or read my blog regularly you will know I've just finished my first year of University at Sunderland, you can read a previous post here, reflecting on this past year. 

But now what I want to share with you is a specific module that I had to study this last semester and that would be Online Video Journalism.


via GIPHY

There are many many many definitions as to what people class a VJ as but to keep it sweet it's basically self shot videos, self editing, basically everything done by yourself, in this case for online. However, it can work as a team of VJ's, but you can't because not one person is doing all the work, some people think it doesn't matter about quality as long as you have captured what you need etc. 

It can get quite confusing but we'll keep it at that. 


Anyway, although the videos I have produced myself have a journalism/news side to them. I was thinking that this could be the start of some vlogging. 

Although, I don't particularly want want my face on camera and my voice heard, I really want to produce short snappy videos with onscreen text, music, etc as I've loved producing for online. 

I would like my face on camera one day but more for interviewing someone and not whole heartedly talking about things I talk about on here. If that makes any sense. Plenty of people do it and I love watching but I just don't have the confidence to do that, yet. 

In the future, I'd love to do fashion feature videos, which is something we haven't been able to do at univeristy because it wasn't newsy enough. 

Take Vogue Video for example, that is the kind of work I would love to do. This video in particular of  Karlie Kloss in the Vogue Meets series, has stood out to me since we started the module at uni.


via GIPHY

http://www.vogue.co.uk/voguevideo/genres/fashion/2015/06/karlie-kloss-welcome-to-my-world 

I'm pretty much in love with most fashion magazines online presence and videos. It's something I like to do in my spare time. I can literally watch videos for hours.

I feel like I worked super hard in this module, as it was something that I genuinely became interested in and didn't think I would. I surprised myself and really want to take it further in my future career and hopefully you'll be seeing some videos soon, relating to this blog. 

I am very very happy that I achieved a first for the module and if you read the previous post relating to university and how very annoyed and stressed I was about my NCTJ video journalism exam well... I passed with a high B !!!!!! 

All that stress and panic on the last day for absolutely nothing! 

Here are the videos that I have produced, I hope you like them and want to see more.



Me and Alysha won the competition for this piece, which covers The Suede Boot Trend-Campus Style. We filmed this on out phones and edited it with premiere clip, which is a free app to download. 


This was my first assessed video for my VJ module, which I gained a 1st in. I collaborated with Lovely Little Me, a North East fashion brand and spoke to Kathrine Taylor, the Social Media and Marketing  Executive, about LLM's latest collection. Watch the video to find out more.


This is my second assessed video from my VJ module, which I gained a 2:1 in. I collaborated with Hartlepool girlband Armpit and the Glitterbabies. Watch the video to find out all about these girls. They're fab!! 


Thank you for watching my vids and let me know if you'd want to see some videos on the blog and what you'd like them to cover. Should vlogging be in my future? 

Leave your comments below or contact me on my social media. 



SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Roll Necks & Runways | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig