Friday, September 11, 2015

Beauty Blender Review

Word on the street is that the Beauty Blender is the next best applicator. No more brushes. I first heard about the Beauty Blender through my friend when we were getting ready for a night out, I was really intrigued to find out more about the peculiar shaped sponge so I had a google. The Original Beauty Blender was created by Makeup artist Rea Ann Silver, which can be purchased here for $20 in a pink colour, other variations of the product include the Pure, Pro and Micro.Mini Beauty Blender. The Pure blender is a dye-free sponge for people with sensitive skin, the Pro is black in colour for darker-toned products and self tanners and the Micro.Mini is a smaller version of the Original blender for contouring, highlighting and concealing priced at just $18. Its obviously an American product but there has been lots of knockoff's of this product made, some better than others. As I just wanted to test the product I purchased my Beauty Blender from Ebay for just £1.40, here. It arrived pretty quickly and I used it the next day, I ordered purple but as the product was so cheap I just think the colour options where just what you preferred, they weren't for different purposes. 

After my first go of using the Beauty Blender I instantly thought, I'm never going back to a brush as it spread my foundation so evenly onto my face, whereas I have noticed my brush tends to leave strokes in my foundation even after I have applied powder on top. I used the bottom of the Beauty Blender to apply my makeup but I wasn't quite sure If I was doing it correctly so today I decided to Youtube 'How to use a Beauty Blender' and I found this video. It's such a straight forward video, I hate it when your sat there for ages waiting for the information that you need. The video also shows a demonstration on how to clean your Beauty Blender correctly. Oh and the video also told me that I was using the product wrong. You soak the Beauty Blender in water so that it absorbs and expands, obviously your rinse the water out but it prevents your makeup from soaking into the sponge, quite clever really! So This morning I tried this process and I don't think the Beauty Blender changed in size much at all but I went on with the process and applied it properly, your meant to use the smaller end of the blender and you can roll it across your face, dab it or spread it too. The whole point of the Beauty Blender is that it applies your makeup in a full 360 angle, it covers all of your pores. 

I did see a difference in my makeup today from the past two days that I have used the Beauty Blender but however, I do think I will invest in another Beauty Blender from somewhere else the higher price obviously gives you the better product. I've seen some ranged around £5 up to £16 so I'll probably invest in the £5 one next and work my way up. No matter which Beauty Blender you invest in they are definitely better than a brush, I would recommend it to anyone and come on, how cute are they. 


All views of this product are my own and I have not been sponsored to review the product, it's just something I wanted to share with you all.


Luce x


SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Roll Necks & Runways | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig