Sunday, September 20, 2015

YSL exhibition @ The Bowes Museum

I've been wanting to go to this exhibition for months but I just never picked a date, so as soon as I heard that I was going with my fashion journo lot during freshers week, well the date was picked for me really. I felt bad because my mam really wanted to go but I made sure I took lots and lots of pics for her and to be honest I'd go again as the tickets aren't that much at all. The exhibition started on 11th July and was opened by Pierre Berge, Yves Saint Laurents life-long partner. The exhibition has gained lots of famous visits along the way from actor Daniel Craig to designer Roland Klein and many more. A lot of people were stunned to find that the 'Style is Eternal' exhibition was to be held at the Bowes Museum in County Durham rather than the V&A in London as it's one of the most popular venue's e.g. Alexander McQueen's Savage Beauty. The Bowes Museum was chosen for their love of French art work as YSL was French himself and also for the light and surroundings of the Museum. It really is such a beautiful place, did you know you can now get married there? It's on my list of venue's just for future reference, just incase.



The exhibition highlights the 'elements of his visions and the significant influence it has had on fashion and the way we understand woman's wear'. The five main themes we see are Haute Couture, Art, Transparence, Masculine-Feminine and Spectaculaire. Along with videos, sketches and magazine features. The first room you walk into is filled with black chiffon draping from the roof with quotes and drawings from YSL himself. It's just amazing, I really don't want to say too much as If you can go and see it you really should. The exhibition is on till the 25th of October so there's still plenty of time to go. 

What I will mention is my favourite piece's. The Haute Couture and Transparence sections definitely stood out to me. With the Transparence section everything was black, lace and of course transparent. Black and lace are two of my favourite things in fashion so it was right up my street. The Haute Couture just felt like I was on the Red Carpet. You know when you play dress up when your little? I sooooo wanted to do that. There was this one dress that just made my eyes sparkle but my favourite piece out of the full exhibition was this one dress. So simple but so elegant with what seemed like appliquéd pineapples, I maybe wrong. The picture probably doesn't it justice but I can't urge enough how much you should go just to be dazzled by all the sparkle.


I could go on forever and ever but as I've mentioned I really don't want to spoil it for anyone so don't look now.


OOTD
Cami top- Matalan, £8
White high waisted jeans- Tesco, £9
Coat- AX Paris, free from my intern RRP £38
Shoes- Vivienne Westwood, £80
Bag- River Island, £47

Thanks for reading
Luce x









SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Roll Necks & Runways | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig