Friday, October 09, 2015

Beauty Blender Update: Primark vs Real Techniques

After my recent Beauty Blender purchase I realised it was time to step up and spend some more money for a new one as quality is everything and quality is what you get for something with a higher price tag. So my recent blender I bought from Ebay for £1.40 and although it done what it said on the packet it wasn't as successful as I wanted it to be. So whilst on a shopping trip with my new uni friends (we have a three hour gap on a Monday and we shop every time) I spotted a Beauty Blender in Primark. There were a couple of different shapes and sizes so I thought I'd try a different shape blender to see if it made any difference. So this is the blender that I bought and It was either £1.50 or £2, I can't quite remember off the top of my head as I purchased it a while back. 



As you can see it definitely isn't the normal shaped Beauty Blender. It also wasn't such a great investment, sorry Primark but I even preferred my previous, cheaper blender to this. You can see my review for that here. I don't know what the creator thought when making this but the slicing of the sponge does not help spread your foundation at all, it's also pretty hard to clean. I'm glad I tried the different shape but now it's just sat in my draw somewhere. I haven't found another use for it yet so maybe it'll just go in the bin.

After being disappointed with my last purchase I then thought right I obviously need to spend more money. I had a search on the internet and went shopping again on my Monday break, which is where I purchased the Real Techniques Beauty Blender. The price of this is £6.00, I bought the product from Superdrug but you can also buy it from TK Maxx and online where you may find it cheaper.
I also purchased an MUA matte lipstick in Wild Berry, the same day for just £1


 I was undecided whether to buy the beauty blender as I thought £6 was quite a lot for a sponge but I knew I'd already tried worse and they just weren't satisfying so £6 I paid and it went from there. I was super excited to try my new blender. As you can see the shape of this blender is completely different to the Primark one. This is the average shape of most of the expensive blenders also.





I can't express how important it actually is to spend that little bit more money to get a better quality. The Real Techniques blender is a must have. You can feel the sponge absorbing the water before you apply your foundation and it is also easy to wash and dry. Although mine isn't perfectly orange anymore. The shape is so much more practical, it makes sure your foundation gets in those little creases and corners of your eyes. I just love it!



So here's a picture once I've applied all of my makeup and although I don't use makeup to paint my face I do like to have some definition. I recently had my eyebrows done at The Little Waxing Co. in Sunderland. It is £15 for a tweeze, tint and shape 'the triple glammy'. I've never really went somewhere to get my eyebrows done before, I normally just do them myself but I absolutely love the end result. The Brow Bar and decor inside of TLWC was the cutest, shabby chic, totally up my street I will definitely be back. The staff were also professional and made me feel comfortable as my eyes were streaming down my face, I don't do pain well.

 My primer keeps my makeup on pretty much all day so my amazingly spread foundation doesn't go to waste. 


I hope you enjoyed this little bit of beauty advice and hope you invest in the Real Techniques Beauty Blender.

LooseC x


All views in this post are my own.





SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Roll Necks & Runways | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig