Tuesday, March 29, 2016

Newcastle: The Copthorne Hotel review & what I got up to.

As I'm off uni for three weeks over Easter I decided to drag my twentieth birthday out over a good few days. 

You can see what I got up to on my actual birthday here and what I got up to this weekend well I'll tell you right now.

Me and my boyfriend Zac decided on a nice night away to Newcastle, nothing fancy just a little break (I say not fancy but the hotel looked like a palace from outside).

We stayed at The Copthorne Hotel which looks right out onto Newcastle Quayside.



We requested a high room which is exactly what we got, you can't get any higher than top floor.

The room was spotless- apart from the little spider that decided to crawl across my pillow but it was definitely worth more than what we paid (£85). Tea and Coffee facilities, dressing gowns and slippers provided and also Freeview televsion.

The only down side that I would mention was the noise of the metro travelling past. The bar was also below us which we thought may have been a problem but it wasn't.

Check in/out was fine but had to stand in a queue for a while.

Me and Zac would definitely recommend the hotel. We will probably going back ourselves when we go and see Busted in May.

What we got up to

First, we went for a walk to the City centre, it was a slight treck up a hill but that's just because I'm completely unfit. 

We went for lunch at Byron Burger and it was deeeee-licious. Fresh burgers and sweet potato fries, my fave! Although, I thought I would try a mocktail and it came out with celery in it and was completely tomato juice. I hate tomato's. My mistake.

Sorry about the snapchat pics and bad spelling. How unprofessional of me.

We had a look around the shops and I literally only came away with one thing. A suede dress from Hollister (which I've never been in before). I'll feature it in an upcoming post.


Then we pretty much chilled for a bit before we went out for tea at Pitcher and Piano. I usually love the place however the food really wasn't up to standards.  

Especially after having the most delicious food at Byron.

Gristly sausages weren't what I ordered, we didn't make a fuss just paid and left. I'd go back but most likely only for drinks.


Sorry about the in shot razor.

OOTN

Top- River Island 
Skirt- River Island
Jewellery- Vivienne Westwood & Pandora


The next day we visited The Great British Cupacakery to try one of their Geet Big Shakes. I had a Canny Caramel and Zac had the Belta Blackout. They were hugeeeee and far to sickly to drink/eat the full thing. I gained 10 pound just looking at the thing.



And from there it was home time!

I had a fabulous time and can't wait to go again. 

Newcastle is such a lovely place, I wouldn't mind actually living there.


All opinions are my own**


SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Roll Necks & Runways | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig