Sunday, March 06, 2016

Rethinking and Revamping: What I want from Blogging.


I've been a super busy student over the past few months and just haven't found the time to blog at all. Deadlines upon deadlines, extra work, going to work and spending time with my boyfriend and family. The normal things.

The small amount of spare time I've had to myself I've just chilled and watched Say Yes To The Dress or Toddlers and Tiara's. 

However, whilst becoming slightly deluded over wedding gowns and sparkles I've had time to think about what I want from blogging.

It's a huge community full of lovely people who always seem willing to help one another out and I really love being apart of that. Social media is an amazing way to communicate with brands, other bloggers and anyone you may need advice from, I really do get a buzz from it. I love the internet.

However, the one thing that nags me sometimes is seeing posts that help you 'increase your following' because apparently you have to do this, that and the other to become a successful blogger. 

Yes, if it's your profession or you do have the time then go for it. 

I'm not trying to sound like a jealous person here because hats off to all of the well known bloggers out there, so much hard work really does go into it. But I don't want to be branded as not being a blogger because my following maybe smaller or because I don't post content every day of the week etc etc. 

Those kind of posts do help me when needing to improve but I don't know, they're just not my favourite.

University is my priority and blogging does come second best unfortunately. 

However, I am dedicated and still want to be professional.

I've recently bought my 'Culture Shock' template from Pipdig and have had a friend create my banner, along with a new name. Check out April's illustrations here.

I've revamped because I do want to be more professional but just on my own time frame. 

I'm really just interested in sharing my thoughts and life with everyone, whether that builds up my following a lot or maybe just a little.

So yes, blogging to me is a hobby you could say but through rethinking I have also decided that I'd like to share more lifestyle pieces about university and what I get up to. 

To be honest I'm a rubbish student I rarely go out and I'm never missing a workshop or lecture, total geek I know but I'm so interested in my course that it keeps me driven, even when it does get stressful.

I am hoping that blogging fits in with my future career. 

So to ramble all that up what I want from blogging is: A platform to express myself but with my own time management, a hobby. 

For now I'm a student and I've never had so much work load in my life but I know for a fact it'll pay off one day when I'm going to London Fashion week and attending meetings in Milan! 

A girl can dream. 

Let me know what you think of my new template and banner by tweeting me @L00SE_C 














SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Roll Necks & Runways | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig